- Readers Rating
- No Rating Yet!
- Your Rating
In this blog we have spoken several times about the importance of distinguishing between good fats and bad or saturated fats. Fat is a macronutrient that should not be completely banished from our diet. We should classify the foods that contain them and stick to those that are rich in fats that are essential for our organism.
Also known as polyunsaturated fats, they are necessary for the correct functioning of our organism. They are heart-healthy as they help to keep our arteries in good condition. Foods rich in good fats or polyunsaturated fats are the following:
- Salmon: You can eat it smoked or natural. It is a fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids, good fats, which help to maintain cholesterol levels and regulate blood pressure.
- Avocado: This is a fruit that can contain up to 28% of good fats and helps prevent heart disease and stroke.
- Nuts: Walnuts, almonds, cashews, pistachios… These are foods with a high content of oleic acid, omega 6 and omega 3. For this reason they are great allies to keep our heart in perfect condition.
Also known as saturated fats, they are mainly found in precooked foods, sweets, or some sauces. They are harmful to our health because they raise our cholesterol, increasing the risk of cardiovascular disease. This is why we should limit the consumption of the following foods:
- Hamburger: It is a meal made with red meat, a food with a high content of saturated fats. In addition, many of them contain fried foods or fatty sauces, which do not help to keep our body healthy.
- French fries: They usually go hand in hand with hamburgers, and are one of the foods with the highest number of saturated fatty acids. Specifically, they contain 14 grams per 100. Potatoes, in themselves, are not a harmful food, but it is preferable to eat them cooked in the oven or microwave, because it reduces the calories ingested considerably.
- Industrial pastries: These are processed products with a high fat content, 24 grams per 100, mostly saturated. Industrial pastries not only cause a considerable increase in our weight, but also heart problems.
Now that you know which foods with saturated fats you should avoid and those with good fats that you can consume, don’t hesitate to redesign your diet with products from mentta, the Marketplace of reference in fresh and artisan products. On our website, you can find a wide catalogue of healthy foods that will help you lead a healthier life. Place your order, fill your online shopping basket, and we will deliver it to your home.