- Readers Rating
- No Rating Yet!
- Your Rating
Giving Christmas hampers as a gift is becoming more and more fashionable. Every year, our relatives go to the shops with the best hampers for a nice gift. At mentta we have many Christmas hampers perfect for gift giving, and at any price. In this blog article we explain why giving Christmas hampers is a beautiful gift, and what a Christmas hamper should contain to be the perfect gift.
Who was the first to give Christmas hampers?
The practice of giving Christmas hampers has its origins in the United Kingdom, specifically in the 19th century. Although the tradition has evolved over time and spread to different countries, its origins lie in the British custom of giving gifts and baskets filled with food and produce during the Christmas season.
In the 19th century, the British aristocracy began giving baskets filled with food and produce as part of their generosity to the workers and servants who worked on their estates. These hampers were a way of providing additional food and comforts during Christmas, a time when celebrations and festivities were important. Over time, the custom spread to other strata of society and to other parts of the world. Today, giving Christmas hampers is a long-established tradition in many countries and cultures, with a variety of foods and products reflecting the festivities and celebrations of the season.
The idea of giving Christmas hampers has remained popular because of their ability to convey appreciation, generosity and joy during a time of year focused on sharing and giving. While hampers and contents may vary according to region and personal preferences, the essence of giving festive food and products remains a fundamental part of this tradition.
Benefits of giving Christmas hampers
Giving Christmas hampers is a tradition that has multiple reasons and benefits, which explains why it is considered a positive gesture during the holiday season. Here are some reasons why giving Christmas hampers is a good idea:
- Appreciation and Gratitude: Giving Christmas hampers is a way to show appreciation and gratitude towards friends, family, employees, customers and colleagues. It is a way to acknowledge their importance and contribution to your life or business.
- Christmas spirit: Christmas hampers contain a variety of foods and products that are associated with the festive season. By giving them as gifts, you help create an atmosphere of joy and celebration, fostering the Christmas spirit.
- Joy and Generosity: Christmas is a time of giving and sharing. Giving Christmas hampers is a way to show generosity and share the joy of the season with others.
- Social and Professional Bonds: Christmas hampers are a gesture that can strengthen bonds and relationships, whether personal or professional. They can enhance connections between friends, family and colleagues, as well as maintain positive relationships with clients and business partners.
- Promote Wellbeing: Christmas hampers often contain delicious foods and special products. These gifts can contribute to improving people’s well-being by providing moments of enjoyment and indulgence.
- Give a Personalised Touch: You can personalise Christmas hampers by choosing products that suit the recipient’s tastes and preferences. This shows that you have invested time and thought into the gift.
- Support Small Businesses and Local Producers: Many Christmas hampers include handmade products and products from small local producers. By gifting these hampers, you are supporting local businesses and promoting the economy of the region.
- Reduce Christmas Shopping Stress: Choosing and buying gifts can be stressful at Christmas time. Christmas hampers are ready to go and can save you time and effort.
In short, giving Christmas hampers is a meaningful way to share joy, bond and show appreciation during the festive season. It is a gesture that can have a positive impact on the personal and professional lives of the recipients.
Do you want our Christmas hampers catalogue? Get in touch with us:
What do Christmas hampers contain?
A good Christmas hamper should be balanced, varied and representative of the festive season. It should include a mix of foods and products that reflect the Christmas spirit and suit the needs of the recipient. Some products that can be included are:
- Gourmet Products: Include a selection of gourmet products such as high quality chocolates, candies, biscuits, nuts and specialty baked goods.
- Festive Drinks: Add bottles of red wine, white wine, cava, cider, spirits or even non-alcoholic beverages such as juices and speciality teas.
- Cheese and cold meats: Include a variety of quality cured cheeses, cold meats and hams that can be enjoyed during celebrations.
- Savoury products: Add savoury snacks such as gourmet crisps, salted nuts, stuffed olives and other snacks.
- Fresh and dried fruits: Include fresh fruits such as apples, pears and oranges, as well as dried fruits such as dates, figs and prunes.
- Preserved products: Add preserved products such as pâtés, gourmet sauces, jams and jellies.
- Spices, pâtés and condiments: Include spices, pâtés and special condiments that can add flavour to festive meals.
- Bread and baked goods: Add special breads, panettone, doughnuts or other traditional seasonal baked goods.
- Holiday decorations: Consider adding decorative items such as candles, holiday ornaments, festive napkins and other accessories.
- Personalised cards or messages: Add a holiday card or personalised message to add a more personal touch to the gift.
- Attractive packaging: Use an attractive and festive box, basket or packaging to present the products in an elegant way.
- Local and artisanal products: If possible, include local and artisanal products that reflect the culture and traditions of the region.
In our Christmas hampers you can find a wide variety of products and prices. However, you can soak yourself in the Spanish wine culture to choose the right products for your basket. Discover the best wines from Spain in this blog post and make the right gift every time!